To supply fencing and barriers in three stadiums and non-competition venues in London, Glasgow and Copenhagen for the 2020/21 UEFA European Football Championship. The sporting event comprised of 51 matches held across 12 European cities.
Scope of works
Supply, install and derig fencing and barriers in the three venues, including designing a bespoke Channel System queuing barrier to replace traditional crowd control barriers.
- Channel System
- Crowd control barriers
- Fence panels
Extra services required post project commencement:
- Access ramp
- Access and egress to bespoke camera platforms supplied by 3rd party contractor.
- DDA compliant ramp
Successful project delivery despite a time schedule that was constantly changing due to Covid-19, as well as the changes that are part of staging a large-scale event.
Solutions to challenges
The 2020/21 UEFA European Football Championship was one of the first events to go ahead with Covid-19 restrictions in place. Actavo successfully adapted to a continually changing working environment, such as frequent changes to personnel and delivery schedules.
The client required a very efficient install and derig of crowd control barriers. Actavo designed a Channel System queuing barrier that was easier to install and derig than traditional barriers. Due to the Channel System not having any feet, the potential of a trip hazard was also removed, making queuing safer.
Benefits to client
- The bespoke Actavo designed queuing barriers helped reduce trip hazards.
- Availability: The team was on call 24/7 for anything the client needed.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Greater efficiency in set-up and dismantle.
- Better crowd management ability due to the design of the Channel system.