Actavo provides 75% of SIRO’s in-home installations. Services are installed over existing ESB infrastructure. Actavos activities included the connection from the Network Distribution Point (ODP) to the ONT in the premises, installation and commissioning of CPE, including routers/modems, telephones and set-top boxes, maintenance and repair of SIRO in-home premises network, as well as maintenance and swap-out of Operator CPE.
Scope of works
The Network Distribution Point (ODP) to the ONT in the premises, installation and commissioning of CPE, including routers/modems, telephones and set-top boxes, maintenance and repair of SIRO in-home premises network, as well as maintenance and swap-out of Operator CPE.
The installation of FTTH. Work on overhead pole lines, delivery of fibre network on those networks. Delivering a fibre network energised system. To date, Actavo has successfully completed over 80,000 drops in the last 3 years. Actavo’s objective is to complete more than 34,000 installations in 2021, and to exceed 40,000 installations annually by 2022/23.
Actavo completed 80k installations in the first 3 years of the SIRO contract as the sole provider, taking SIRO from a start up to a market leading FTTH wholesaler in Ireland.
Actavo has adopted an approach of constant evolution, breaking down the end-to-end process piece by piece, digging into each drop type and looking at how it can improve overall, while improving the customer experience:
- Pre-Survey (PS) >60% of all Overhead orders
- Pre-Surveying >59% of all Underground orders
- UG Blocked Duct – previously this would have resulted in 3+ Truck Rolls (TR), whereas Actavo now assign this directly to a civils enabled PS crew to reduce total TR and lead-time
- Hybrid Crewing – Actavo utilises hybrid crewing model to enable completions of differing job types that require independent qualifications and skill sets. This saves on multiple truck rolls and enhances the customer journey.
- Advanced pre-calling and customer preparation for more challenging Drop Types
- Shared Access to BSS – enabling greater visibility on order progression and allowing Actavo to more dynamically allocate capacity. Previously, this would have been entirely reactive and would only be actionable 1–2 days after the capacity need was required
- ESBN Pack Production – a highly technical and challenging element of works is now streamlined and semi-automated, which has enhanced accuracy and minimised the time these orders spend with Actavo
- Aged Orders – Actavo has invested heavily into reducing the overall aged order profile and engages daily with SIRO stakeholders to ensure it continues the “No Order Left Behind” ethos.
- One-Man Flex – as demonstrated in late 2019, on the back of a surge of non-forecasted volumes, Actavo was able to increase delivery bandwidth by 45% in 3 weeks whilst maintaining SLAs.
Solutions to challenges
Customer service excellence
At the start of the Covid-19 lockdown, SIRO had >500 jobs sitting with the retailers, with little chance of completion. Actavo agreed to take ownership of these orders, beginning an outbound calling campaign to rescue these customer orders. Actavo’s proactive approach converted these orders into over 350 completions.
Actavo’s crisis management activities, ongoing since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, have ensured that a robust operating plan is in place to protect staff, while continuing to provide essential services to clients and their customers. From the provision of training, guidance, additional PPE and controls to monitoring progress. Actavo continued to offer full field capacity throughout the lockdown period. Actavo attended all orders provided by SIRO whilst incorporating a suite of evolving Covid-19 protocols to protect customers and employees.
Benefits to client
Training and continuous improvement
Actavo delivered extensive training across the 100-strong SIRO delivery team, from field engineers to back-office staff and sub-contractor civils crews. To optimise knowledge across the team, Actavo expanded operational / technical training to back-office members, boosting their technical understanding. All newly trained and accredited staff are allocated approved mentors. The mentoring programme is conducted in the field. Regular refresher training is also provided. To supplement its knowledge of customer current and future needs, Actavo worked with Trinity College and Manchester University in a series of Customer Management Leadership masterclasses, including Customer Insight and Employee Engagement. These insights are used in practice and in Actavo’s CX Strategy.
Actavo’s stringent monitoring system ensures compliance with SOPs, Safety KPIs, risk assessments and Covid-19 protocols. Actions raised following audits completed by both SIRO and Actavo are tracked to closure and analysed for any trends or opportunities for improvement.
Communication and coordination
From weekly toolbox talks to EHS alerts, weather text alerts to driving performance feedback, communication with staff is an ongoing process.
Health & Safety
Actavo’s management team take full control in H&S briefings, conducting weekly on-site audits. This is critical to ensuring the correct behavioural safety culture is embedded, maintained, and refreshed to achieve safety excellence.
Actavo’s KPIs are at the highest levels of compliance ever, leading to Actavo, for example, having achieved 9 out of the 10 best days completions performance for SIRO in the 6 months: Oct 2020 to March 2021.