Scaffolding labour supply for the turnaround, pre and post shutdown at the Suriname state oil company Staatsolie’s Tout Lui Faut Refinery, located 20km south of the capital Paramaribo.
Scope of works
To provide experienced scaffolders and supervisors for the refinery turnaround.
Actavo provided scaffolders and supervisors pre and post shutdown for the turnaround.
- Met client requirements for manpower and performance
- Operated to schedule
- Managed Health & Safety requirements during the Covid-19 pandemic
Solutions to challenges
Health & Safety: Suriname was one of first countries to introduce lockdown in the region, including imposing a curfew. Operating during the Covid-19 pandemic led to challenges.
Actavo complied with additional Health & Safety measures, carrying out the job on time and safely.
Benefits to client
- Actavo provided a locally trained and skilled workforce of certified scaffolders and scaffold materials
- There was a peak workforce of 40 scaffolders on the refinery turnaround to ensure the tight timeframe was met
- Actavo responded to the client’s request for additional resources in a timely manner
- The turnaround guarantees the reliability and safe operation of the refinery for the next four years
“It was a pleasure working with Actavo on this project. The fact that we never worked with Actavo before made us a little apprehensive at the beginning, however they were highly recommended to us. The project was heavily dependent on scaffolding, with most of the activities being executed at height. The on-time delivery of scaffolds helped us to stay within schedule and delivery to the client. “The most important aspect for us on this project was the safety performance of Actavo and their ability to create a safe working environment among their employees, not only with the risk involved with the activity but the fact that it was in the midst of a pandemic. Any challenges were dealt with to ensure a successful project outcome.”
Luigi Di LibertoManager Department of Scaffolding and Insulation, IREM