To supply and install specialised access scaffolding services to provide bespoke access and egress solutions during the construction of a pharmaceutical facility for global animal health company Zoetis in Tullamore County Offaly.
Scope of works
Actavo Industrial provided general access scaffolding, stairs access and egress to restricted areas, loading bays & equipment protection. Clean room scaffolds & access over vessels. Scaffolding access for hard-to-reach areas across the platform.
- Project achieved 1.2-million-man without an LTI
- Actavo is expert at carrying out health and safety while working at height.
- All project deadlines were achieved ahead of schedule.
- Effective Project Management
- Compliance with the contractors & our clients.
- Strong Quality Control and Assurance
Solutions to challenges
- Actavo engaged engineers to design a bespoke suspended access platform, providing safe scaffold access and allowing other works to continue below with no impact to schedule. It also allowed works such as electrics, and A/C and sprinkler systems to be installed when needed.
Benefits to client
- Actavo’s continuous commitment to occupational health and safety
- Actavo was awarded the contract due to its experience in fast build pharmaceutical projects within Ireland. It's experience in the industry means it has built a high level of trust and efficiency with contractors.
- Actavo is flexible and approachable, from management to supervisors and people on the ground.
- A twice daily project planning meeting was held for the team to share information, coordinate scheduling and focus on key topics. A once weekly meeting with the project directors and managers allowed the project to run smoothly and finish ahead of schedule.
- High standard of systems used and careful attention to detail in every aspect of the project.
Actavo’s team were outstanding in all aspects of their delivery to the project and their performance and dedication to safety, schedule adherence, budget control and team coordination has been exemplary.
The company provided an outstanding team managed and led by Gerard Bradley that met all safety and quality requirements set forth in the project HSE plan and provided efficient utilisation of both resources and equipment. All work was completed in a timely and cost-effective manner. Gerry and the ACTAVO team totally embraced the Jacobs Engineering Beyond Zero safety culture and actively participated with the other IPD teams on site.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Actavo and would endorse the use of Actavo on all my project deliveries.
Kevin O'DonnellJacobs Engineering