Actavo provided a turnkey, high specification, modular 180m2 laboratory for the HSE as part of the State Laboratories in Celbridge County Kildare.
Scope of works
Design and build six modules to make up a virus testing centre, including a laboratory, office, canteen, and toilet facilities.
- Designed and fabricated six modules.
- Installed LED light fittings and smart electrical systems to reduce overall energy consumption.
- Installed highly efficient air source heat pump.
- Supplied a modular access ramp system.
The buildings were installed on a live laboratory campus with no disruption to normal operations.
Solutions to challenges
The testing unit had to be built quickly to meet the increasing demand for Covid-19 testing.
There was a tight deadline for completion due to the urgent need for increased Covid-19 testing facilities.
Actavo met the timescale, largely due to modules arriving on site 90% completed. Actavo carried out 90% of the build offsite. For onsite works, Actavo implemented out-of-hours working, operating mostly at weekends and at night to install the modules.
Benefits to client
- Actavo provided a full turnkey solution, allowing the HSE to roll out their ambitious Covid-19 testing scheme.
- Actavo provided one point of contact for the HSE during the design and build, making the project as quick and efficient as possible.
- No disruption to the operations of surrounding laboratories while modules were being installed.