Actavo Modular fabricated and installed a 400sqm modular extension for Kilkenny Garda Station. The extension houses a public office, administration offices and interview rooms. It is annexed to the existing station via the first-floor link bridge suspended across the main site vehicular access route.
- The provision of a new modular extension for the main station building, as well as a first-floor link to the existing station with curtain glazing.
- Installation of a 50mm Gyproc floor screed at ground and first floor levels, suspended ceilings, access control systems and extension of mechanical systems.
- Completed all mechanical and electrical work to the new building.
- The project was successfully delivered over 2 days with no disruption to Garda operations.
- All works met project programme timelines and budget.
Solutions to challenges
- Working in a live environment, where the main Garda station was operational was a challenge. Modular liaised closely with the superintendent to maintain all Garda services during installation and fitout on site.
Benefits to client
- The building has a striking external finish achieved by using a Terracotta colored Kingspan Thermatile and Press Metal Cladding Systems that complemented the original 1940s red brick facade of the existing building.
- Modular gave the extension a modern feel, while blending in with the existing garda station.
- Actavo provided all the fitted furniture in the public office.
- In excess of 80% of the building fitout was completed in factory pre-delivery, saving the client time, money and disruption to the functioning of the station.
Kilkenny Garda Station Modular Extension - Exterior Cladding
Kilkenny Garda Station Modular Extension - Safety Screens
Kilkenny Garda Station Modular Extension - Walkway Connecting Old and New Buildings
Contact Actavo Modular
Tel: +353 (0) 45 886100
Email: [email protected]