Actavo provided a healthcare facility. RocDoc selected Actavo as its infrastructure partner for the construction and roll-out of three haulage Covid-19 testing centres in Dublin, Wexford and Gorey. The project was in response to a requirement by the French government that a recent negative antigen test result was required for all lorry drivers arriving into the country.
Scope of works
To provide a complete infrastructure solution for the testing facilities, including:
- Cubicle partitioning
- Fencing and barriers
- Internal fitout, including donning and doffing areas and a pharmacy.
- Project Management for the duration of the testing.
- Disassembly and removal of the testing centres after 3 months.
- Working with Actavo’s in-house tech design team, the Events team provided site survey and inspection, full CAD design, tech design and SHEQ teams. It provided technical support, complete with health and safety evaluations.
- A complete infrastructure solution for the construction and roll-out of the testing centres.
- Project Management for the duration of the project.
- Actavo’s dedicated Project Manager oversaw all aspects of the project including on-site support for the duration of the event.
- The team was available 27/4. If a problem arose, a team member could be on site within hours.
- A team was deployed to Dublin Airport and Gorey simultaneously and subsequently Wexford to ensure the tight timeframe was met.
- Due to Actavo’s strong relationships with sub-contractors and their supply chain, the team was able to bring the right people in quickly to roll out the project.
Solutions to challenges
The test centres had to be deployed, fully functional and fit-for-purpose in a very tight time frame. The team delivered the project within the timeframe due to its experience and its strong relationships with its supply-chain and partners.
Benefits to client
- Actavo provided the client with one point of contact for the entirety of the project, saving them time and resources.
- Actavo was available 24/7 for any client need.
“We were very pleased with the response by Actavo Events in supporting our work on behalf of the Department of Transport. The excellent delivery of the infrastructure for the test centres in terms of timeliness and overall quality has been exceptional.”
David RockRocDoc Chief Executive