Actavo designed and built three modular buildings; a 245m2 import office, a 165m2 export office and 165m2 driver welfare building.
Scope of works
To provide turnkey, high specification, modular offices for customs personnel at Dublin Port.
- Designed and fabricated 14 modules.
- Ensured buildings were compliant with current buildings regulations.
- Installed LED light fittings and smart electrical systems to reduce overall energy consumption.
- Installed highly efficient air source heat pump.
- Linked buildings with CCTV, fire alarms and intruder alarms.
- The buildings were completed in a tight timeframe to enable them to be fully occupied by January 1, 2021 when Brexit came into effect.
- Ability to install, complete and commission three buildings concurrently.
- Zero LTIs.
- High quality finishes throughout.
Solutions to challenges
Tight programme: The changing landscape of Brexit preparations meant the buildings had to be constructed and occupied within a short time.
The expertise of the Actavo project team meant all work was planned meticulously ahead of project commencement and carefully coordinated on site in conjunction with PJ Hegarty & Sons.
To minimise the amount of finishing work required on site, modules were delivered 80% completed. This helped Actavo achieve the tight programme of works.
Benefits to client
- Fast tracked construction and supply of fully compliant office spaces.
- Actavo provided one point of contact for all works, including electrical/mechanical and fit out.
- Turnkey solution for critical infrastructure project.
- Modern, sleek design.