Actavo Modular was approached by the client to offer a solution for additional accommodation for hospital administration personnel.
Scope of works
To provide office and staff welfare facilities, including all civil works.
Actavo Modular designed and manufactured a 3-module solution, incorporating 2 no. 12m X 4.4m modules plus a smaller 7m X 3.8m central reception area, connecting the other modules to make up the annex.
Actavo Modular provided the concrete foundations, plus the main access ramp to the building. We also provided a full mechanical heating and cooling system.
- Due to Actavo Modular’s decades of experience, we provided a modular solution to fit an offset footprint, allowing the client to maximise the usable area.
- Internal fit out was designed in conjunction with the client to make sure it fitted with the systems used in the main campus building.
- Actavo Modular provided an attractive and robust external cladding system that will be virtually maintenance free over its long lifetime.
Solutions to challenges
- With Actavo Modular’s experience in manufacturing above average sized modules, we were able to successfully deliver these large building sections from our production facility.
- Actavo Modular delivered at the weekend to minimise disruption to client operations, with the delivery process being completed in a matter of hours.
Benefits to client
- Actavo Modular provided a modern and fully compliant office extension in much less time than traditional building methods, while keeping on-site traffic disruption to a minimum. This allowed client operations to continue seamlessly during the handover phase of the project.
- Actavo Modular provided the building within a tight timeframe enabling the seamless improvement to the welfare of the client’s personnel.