Coordinate the installation of 11 public access staircases for the Wireless Festival, which took place over 3 days in Crystal Palace Park in London.
Scope of works
Full project management, including the installation of two public access staircases and overseeing all aspects of the other nine staircases. This included sourcing suppliers, meeting with designers, correlating all designs, structural calculations, health and safety paperwork and working with suppliers to plan delivery, build, derig and collection windows.
The scope also involved liaising with the heritage consultant and monitoring all build aspects on site to ensure no damage to the listed structures that line the park occurred, as well as keeping the client fully updated on progress and working with them to close out paperwork.
Services delivered: Project Management, stock procurement, resource procurement, site management, documentation alignment.
- All works were competed to a good standard with two days spare on installation.
- All product performed as designed.
- Ability to resource and plan within a tight timeframe with the support of Actavo’s industry network.
- Client satisfaction.
Solutions to challenges
Over 130m of staircases, rising to a height of up to 8m were required to allow access/egress for 40,000 festival attendees. Many of the staircases were to bring people up and over the retaining terrace walls that line the park. This required extensive engineering and extreme care during install and derig as the terraces are grade 2 listed structures.
The team sourced additional stock as designs needed to be altered to account for differences in the fall of the land.
Benefits to client
- A complete solution entirely managed for the client.
- A single point of contact for all questions, documents and scheduling enquiries.
- A rigorous monitoring document was kept with remedial actions should any issues arise on site.